Academic Employment History 1998 onward
- Full Professor, Department of Cultures, Politics and Society, Università di Torino.
- Full Professor, Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis, Università di Torino.
- Fellow Collegio Carlo Alberto, Torino.
- CIFAR Fellow.
- Senior Research Fellow, The Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies, European University Institute, Florence (Italy).
- Senior Lecturer at SPRU, University of Sussex.
- Lecturer at SPRU, University of Sussex.
- Research Fellow at BETA, Université Louis Pasteur-Strasbourg.
- Research Officer at MERIT, Maastricht University.
- Senior Research Associate at the Innovation Policy Lab, Munk School of Global Affairs, University of Toronto (Canada), 2017–2019.
- Visiting Professor, SIEPR, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research, University of Stanford (USA), July 2013 – May 2014.
- Adjunct Professor research, Grenoble Ecole de Management, Grenoble (France), 2009–2012.
- Adjunct Professor, Department of Economics, Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV, Bordeaux (France), 2010.
- Senior Research Fellow, International Centre for Economic Research (ICER), Turin (Italy), 2006–2007 and 2008
- Senior Research Fellow, Politecnico di Torino, Turin (Italy), 2007.
- Invited Professor in the MSc programme at the Alta Scuola Politecnica, Milano (Italy), May 2007, May 2008.
- Invited Visiting Professor, MSc in Technology Management, Universidad de Talca in Santiago (Chile), academic year 2005–2006.
- Invited Visiting Professor, INGENIO (Instituto de Gestión de la Innovación y del Conocimiento), Universidad Politécnica de Valencia (Spain), academic year 2001–2002.
University Senior administration
- Università di Torino, Deputy Director Teaching of the Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis, 2014–2016.
- Università di Torino, Deputy Director Research of the Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis, 2012–2013.
- Università di Torino, Coordinator of the Research Evaluation Office, 2011–2013.
- Università di Torino, member of the Commission for the rewriting of the University Statutes, 2011.
- Università di Torino, member of the Patent Commission, 2009–2011.
- Included in the list of Top Italian Scientists of VIA-Academy
- CIFAR Fellow
- Invited Key Note Speaker more than 10 times in major international meetings.
- Invited Seminar Speaker more than fifty times in Europe and the US.
- Member of Scientific Committee of several international conferences.
- Member of several Expert Groups/Steering Committees
- Member of the Editorial Board of Sustainability
- Member of the Editorial Board of the Italian Economic Journal.
- Member of the Editorial Board of RT, a Journal on Research Policy and Evaluation.
- Member of the Editorial Board of Journal of Technology Transfer.
- Member of the Editorial Board of Research Policy.
- Editor of the journal Information Economics & Policy.
- Editor of the SPRU Electronic Working Paper Series (SEWPS).
- Member of the Editorial Board of VEST-Journal for Science and Technology Studies.
Coordinator of several research projects financed by the European Commission, the UK Research Councils, the Italian Ministry, other international funding agencies.
Contributions to Teaching 1998 Onwards
Convenor and Lecturer of the following Mater courses
- Economics of Knowledge,
- The Political Economy of Science Policy,
- Economics for Science and Technology Policy,
- Introduction to Statistical Research Methods.
Convenor and Lecturer of the following Undergraduate courses
- Macroeconomics/Economic Policy,
- Cooperation and Economic Development,
- Public Administration and Third Sector Activities.
Teaching management and evaluation
- Deputy Director Teaching of the Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis, Università di Torino 2014–2016.
- Deputy Director of the Doctoral School in Economics of the University of Torino, 2010–2012.
- Design and coordination of the Erasmus Mundus Master programme: Economic Policies in the Age of Globalisation 2013–2018.
- Design and coordination SPRU MSc Industry and Innovation Analysis 2001–2005.
- DIMETIC (Doctoral School of the DIME network of excellence), Co-organiser and lecturer in one week programme on "Policy for the knowledge economies."
- Supervision of several PhD Students, Master Students and BA Students.
Member of the PhD Defence Committee
- Department of Management Engineering, Politecnico di Torino (2021);
- TIK Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo (2020);
- Department of Economics, University of Kassel (2019);
- TIK Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo (2019);
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship Group, Imperial College Business School (2018);
- International Business and Strategy group at Henley Business School (University of Reading) – DBA Thesis (2017);
- Department of Economics, University of Strasbourg (2018, 2011);
- School of Economics and Business, Université Libre de Bruxelles (2011);
- Department of Political and Social Sciences, European University Institute (2010);
- School of Science and Technology, Aalto University (2010);
- Division of Economics, Royal Institute of Technology, Stockolm (2009);
- Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis, Università di Torino (2010, 2009);
- Faculty of Management, Tel Aviv University (2007);
- Faculty of Economics, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid (2007);
- SPRU, University of Sussex (2009, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001);
- Department of Economics, Université Pierre Mendès of Grenoble (2000).
Advice to Governmental Bodies and Non-Profit Organisations
Consultant and advisor to governmental bodies and national and international non-profit organisations such as: Regional Authority of Piemonte (It), ETH Zurich (Ch), ANVUR (It), Swedish Research Council (Sw), Royal Swedish Academy (Sw), OECD, EC, ESF-EMRC, DTI (UK), ESRC (UK), CRUI (It).
Member of the Board of Directors/Management
- Fondazione Luigi Einaudi, Italy, 2018–2019.
- Collegio Carlo Alberto, Italy, 2014–2019.
- International J.A. Schumpeter Society, 2014–2018.
- MERIT, Maastricht University: Ph.D. Programme in Economics.
- MERIT, Maastricht University: Masters Degree in Technology Policy and Innovation Management.
- University of Torino: Masters Degree in Economics. Specialisation in International and Development Economics.
- Politecnico di Milano: Masters Degree in Management Engineering.